Feb 24, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Matt Harrison: uniform number 54, Sleep Number: TBD.
Harrison, who had a pair of back surgeries last year to repair and stabilize a herniated disc, said he believed his recent bout of back stiffness was caused by a too-soft mattress in his spring rental home. He’s since switched beds in the house and the pain has abated.
He said he’s feeling close to 100 percent now. He’ll likely not be ready for the start of the season given the time he’s missed so far. But, bed willing, he should be good to go pretty early on.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 6
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 57
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)