Feb 24, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Save it. I stopped being classy many, many years ago. I know what I am.
And everyone knows who Mickey Mantle was. A guy who, among his many other qualities, was not above crude humor. Such as when, in 1961, he very clearly lifted his leg to pass gass and make everyone laugh as Tony Kubek tried to take his picture in spring training.
This concludes the News You Can Use portion of our day.
(thanks, I think, to Old Gator for the heads up)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 41
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 87
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)