Feb 24, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Florida State University’s baseball team will play the Yankees tomorrow at Steinbrenner Field. And 2013 Heisman winner Jameis Winston could face them. He’s the team’s closer and he has allowed one hit over four scoreless innings in three games this season.
I’m guessing the Yankees’ lineup will not be Opening Day caliber and no matter who is in it, the won’t be Opening Day ready. But it’s not everyday a Heisman winner faces a major league team.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)