Feb 24, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Florida State University’s baseball team will play the Yankees tomorrow at Steinbrenner Field. And 2013 Heisman winner Jameis Winston could face them. He’s the team’s closer and he has allowed one hit over four scoreless innings in three games this season.
I’m guessing the Yankees’ lineup will not be Opening Day caliber and no matter who is in it, the won’t be Opening Day ready. But it’s not everyday a Heisman winner faces a major league team.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)