Feb 25, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
“If I can get 15 to 20 (at-bats) from both sides, that’s pretty close to what I need,” Headley told Jeff Sanders of the San Diego Union-Tribune on Tuesday evening in Padres camp. “If it progresses the way that I hope — and I think that it will — then I should be fine. We should have plenty of time.”
Headley got a late start to the 2013 season due to a fractured thumb and wound up posting a disappointing .747 OPS with 13 homers and 50 RBI in 141 games. He had an .875 OPS, 31 homers, and 151 RBI in 2012.
Headley is currently scheduled to become a free agent five days after the 2014 World Series.
This is going to be an important summer for him.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)