Feb 25, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
“If I can get 15 to 20 (at-bats) from both sides, that’s pretty close to what I need,” Headley told Jeff Sanders of the San Diego Union-Tribune on Tuesday evening in Padres camp. “If it progresses the way that I hope — and I think that it will — then I should be fine. We should have plenty of time.”
Headley got a late start to the 2013 season due to a fractured thumb and wound up posting a disappointing .747 OPS with 13 homers and 50 RBI in 141 games. He had an .875 OPS, 31 homers, and 151 RBI in 2012.
Headley is currently scheduled to become a free agent five days after the 2014 World Series.
This is going to be an important summer for him.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)