Feb 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
Ervin Santana is sitting at home. Meanwhile, spring training games will start this week. His price is not coming down any further, however, as CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports Santana is still seeking a contract around four years and $50 million.
Yes, it’s what Garza and Ubaldo got, but they signed earlier and didn’t have draft pick compensation attached to them. At this point you have to think Santana is more likely to get what he wants if he either waits for the pitching injuries to pile up as spring wears on — as they always do — or to wait until June when the draft pick compensation falls off.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)