Feb 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EST
Ervin Santana is sitting at home. Meanwhile, spring training games will start this week. His price is not coming down any further, however, as CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports Santana is still seeking a contract around four years and $50 million.
Yes, it’s what Garza and Ubaldo got, but they signed earlier and didn’t have draft pick compensation attached to them. At this point you have to think Santana is more likely to get what he wants if he either waits for the pitching injuries to pile up as spring wears on — as they always do — or to wait until June when the draft pick compensation falls off.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27