Feb 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
Ervin Santana is sitting at home. Meanwhile, spring training games will start this week. His price is not coming down any further, however, as CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports Santana is still seeking a contract around four years and $50 million.
Yes, it’s what Garza and Ubaldo got, but they signed earlier and didn’t have draft pick compensation attached to them. At this point you have to think Santana is more likely to get what he wants if he either waits for the pitching injuries to pile up as spring wears on — as they always do — or to wait until June when the draft pick compensation falls off.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)