Jackie Bradley Jr. is in The Best Shape of His Life

Feb 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT

Jackie Bradley Jr. Getty Images

This one in video form. It comes at the 2:45 mark of this 3:00 video over at Boston.com. Best part: totally unprompted. Just blurts it out when talking about stealing bases.

But watch the whole thing because at the beginning he talks about how great it was that he failed at the major league level last year. Really: “it’s great that I failed.” Which, while it’s clear what he’s actually getting at, is a surprisingly aggressive way to couch the whole “learn from adversity” concept.

1. NatsLady - Feb 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Yes, BSOHL, but what is his EXACT weight?

• sabatimus - Feb 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I have no idea what that means, and I’m glad.

2. The Dangerous Mabry - Feb 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM

He comes across as a decent guy and is likely to be a pretty good player. I wonder how long it will take me to stop thinking “Jackpot Wad” every time I see his name, though. I bet a pretty long time.

• chacochicken - Feb 25, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I keep thinking of Jackie Chilles.

3. okwhitefalcon - Feb 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM

The “BSOHL” tag lines in the blogosphere(s) have become beyond played.

It’s reached depths of “That so (insert year here)”, “That’s what she said” territory etc..

Time to find a new (not narrative) angle HBT crew.

Now, back to Carlos Martinez’s twitter feed.

• nymets4ever - Feb 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

When no one is interested in you, and your job is to write about other people 24/7, sometimes you just wanna make the story about yourself for a change. And being a snarky, sarcastic cynic is the easiest way to do that.

• clemente2 - Feb 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM

mets–this story is not about you.

4. earpaniac - Feb 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Chaco- your not the only one. That’s the first thing that pops into my head when I see his name! Lmao

5. tfbuckfutter - Feb 25, 2014 at 7:23 PM

He better be in the BSOHL….

He’s replacing a guy who is supposedly worth $20,000,000 a year to play 80 games.

6. cmtill14 - Feb 26, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Where’s our BSOHL roster? Haven’t seen that thing in forever. We’ve gotta be around a full 25 man roster at this point.

7. mudhead123 - Feb 26, 2014 at 8:55 AM

BSOHL might have been amusing once. Craig seems like that annoying guy who tells the same joke over and over because someone laughed once

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. G. Stanton (3966)