Feb 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
This one in video form. It comes at the 2:45 mark of this 3:00 video over at Boston.com. Best part: totally unprompted. Just blurts it out when talking about stealing bases.
But watch the whole thing because at the beginning he talks about how great it was that he failed at the major league level last year. Really: “it’s great that I failed.” Which, while it’s clear what he’s actually getting at, is a surprisingly aggressive way to couch the whole “learn from adversity” concept.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)