Feb 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
This one in video form. It comes at the 2:45 mark of this 3:00 video over at Boston.com. Best part: totally unprompted. Just blurts it out when talking about stealing bases.
But watch the whole thing because at the beginning he talks about how great it was that he failed at the major league level last year. Really: “it’s great that I failed.” Which, while it’s clear what he’s actually getting at, is a surprisingly aggressive way to couch the whole “learn from adversity” concept.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)