Feb 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
This one in video form. It comes at the 2:45 mark of this 3:00 video over at Boston.com. Best part: totally unprompted. Just blurts it out when talking about stealing bases.
But watch the whole thing because at the beginning he talks about how great it was that he failed at the major league level last year. Really: “it’s great that I failed.” Which, while it’s clear what he’s actually getting at, is a surprisingly aggressive way to couch the whole “learn from adversity” concept.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)