Feb 25, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Jhoulys Chacin underwent an MRI exam after complaining of shoulder soreness early in camp and the Rockies right-hander has been diagnosed with inflammation.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Chacin will be shut down for at least one week and “likely longer.”
As one of the few starting pitchers to consistently thrive in Coors Field (relatively speaking) Chacin is hugely important to the Rockies’ plans this season. Through age 25 he has a 3.61 ERA in 609 innings, including a 3.57 ERA as a starter and a 4.18 ERA in Colorado (compared to a 2.57 ERA on the road).
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)