Feb 25, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Ruben Tejada was supposed to have been up at some complex in Michigan this offseason getting into The Best Shape of His Life or something close to it. Kevin Kernan of the New York Post reports, however, that the Mets aren’t too happy with what they’re seeing:
Ruben Tejada still isn’t working out for the Mets.
Even though Tejada attended an offseason strength/conditioning and nutrition camp in Michigan, Mets management has not been overwhelmed by the shortstop’s “new’’ body.
“He looks pretty much the same,’’ one source told The Post on Monday.
Kernan says Tejada looks slimmer but is moving no better than last year when he reported overweight. And he talks to a Mets insider who says that he would not be surprised if the Mets went after Stephen Drew, even if doesn’t think it’s imminent or anything.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 19
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)