Feb 25, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Ruben Tejada was supposed to have been up at some complex in Michigan this offseason getting into The Best Shape of His Life or something close to it. Kevin Kernan of the New York Post reports, however, that the Mets aren’t too happy with what they’re seeing:
Ruben Tejada still isn’t working out for the Mets.
Even though Tejada attended an offseason strength/conditioning and nutrition camp in Michigan, Mets management has not been overwhelmed by the shortstop’s “new’’ body.
“He looks pretty much the same,’’ one source told The Post on Monday.
Kernan says Tejada looks slimmer but is moving no better than last year when he reported overweight. And he talks to a Mets insider who says that he would not be surprised if the Mets went after Stephen Drew, even if doesn’t think it’s imminent or anything.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)