Feb 25, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Ruben Tejada was supposed to have been up at some complex in Michigan this offseason getting into The Best Shape of His Life or something close to it. Kevin Kernan of the New York Post reports, however, that the Mets aren’t too happy with what they’re seeing:
Ruben Tejada still isn’t working out for the Mets.
Even though Tejada attended an offseason strength/conditioning and nutrition camp in Michigan, Mets management has not been overwhelmed by the shortstop’s “new’’ body.
“He looks pretty much the same,’’ one source told The Post on Monday.
Kernan says Tejada looks slimmer but is moving no better than last year when he reported overweight. And he talks to a Mets insider who says that he would not be surprised if the Mets went after Stephen Drew, even if doesn’t think it’s imminent or anything.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 2
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 36
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 63
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)