Feb 25, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Ruben Tejada was supposed to have been up at some complex in Michigan this offseason getting into The Best Shape of His Life or something close to it. Kevin Kernan of the New York Post reports, however, that the Mets aren’t too happy with what they’re seeing:
Ruben Tejada still isn’t working out for the Mets.
Even though Tejada attended an offseason strength/conditioning and nutrition camp in Michigan, Mets management has not been overwhelmed by the shortstop’s “new’’ body.
“He looks pretty much the same,’’ one source told The Post on Monday.
Kernan says Tejada looks slimmer but is moving no better than last year when he reported overweight. And he talks to a Mets insider who says that he would not be surprised if the Mets went after Stephen Drew, even if doesn’t think it’s imminent or anything.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 0
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 9
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)