Feb 25, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Ruben Tejada was supposed to have been up at some complex in Michigan this offseason getting into The Best Shape of His Life or something close to it. Kevin Kernan of the New York Post reports, however, that the Mets aren’t too happy with what they’re seeing:
Ruben Tejada still isn’t working out for the Mets.
Even though Tejada attended an offseason strength/conditioning and nutrition camp in Michigan, Mets management has not been overwhelmed by the shortstop’s “new’’ body.
“He looks pretty much the same,’’ one source told The Post on Monday.
Kernan says Tejada looks slimmer but is moving no better than last year when he reported overweight. And he talks to a Mets insider who says that he would not be surprised if the Mets went after Stephen Drew, even if doesn’t think it’s imminent or anything.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 98
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (98)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)