Feb 25, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Now the diagnosis is in from Jupiter, Florida.
According to MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch, the hard-throwing right-hander suffered a right groin strain and will likely take it easy for the rest of this week.
“Our approach right now is going to be day to day,” Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak told Langosch on Tuesday. “I do feel like this is caught early enough that it probably avoided anything more serious.”
Rosenthal owns a dominant 2.66 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and 133/27 K/BB ratio through his first 98 innings at the major league level. The 23-year-old has also delivered 20 1/3 scoreless postseason frames.
Relievers don’t usually need that much work in spring, so he should be fine for Opening Day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)