Feb 25, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Now the diagnosis is in from Jupiter, Florida.
According to MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch, the hard-throwing right-hander suffered a right groin strain and will likely take it easy for the rest of this week.
“Our approach right now is going to be day to day,” Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak told Langosch on Tuesday. “I do feel like this is caught early enough that it probably avoided anything more serious.”
Rosenthal owns a dominant 2.66 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and 133/27 K/BB ratio through his first 98 innings at the major league level. The 23-year-old has also delivered 20 1/3 scoreless postseason frames.
Relievers don’t usually need that much work in spring, so he should be fine for Opening Day.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)