Feb 26, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
This is cool. Probably impossible, but cool. The Padres will give you two 2014 season tickets if you can hit a batting practice home run in Petco Park. The promotion is called “Swing for your Seats.” The fine print:
- A winning hit is one that passes over the outfield fence of Petco Park, in fair territory, without bouncing on the field (a home run). The ultimate determination of whether a hit constitutes a home run shall be made by the Padres, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners shall receive two (2) 2014 regular season tickets in the “Upper Infield” section (the “Prize”).
- Participants who played Division I collegiate or professional baseball (whether major, minor or independent league) are not eligible for the Prize.
That last one just bummed Jose Canseco the heck out.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)