Feb 26, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
This is cool. Probably impossible, but cool. The Padres will give you two 2014 season tickets if you can hit a batting practice home run in Petco Park. The promotion is called “Swing for your Seats.” The fine print:
- A winning hit is one that passes over the outfield fence of Petco Park, in fair territory, without bouncing on the field (a home run). The ultimate determination of whether a hit constitutes a home run shall be made by the Padres, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners shall receive two (2) 2014 regular season tickets in the “Upper Infield” section (the “Prize”).
- Participants who played Division I collegiate or professional baseball (whether major, minor or independent league) are not eligible for the Prize.
That last one just bummed Jose Canseco the heck out.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)