Feb 26, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
This is cool. Probably impossible, but cool. The Padres will give you two 2014 season tickets if you can hit a batting practice home run in Petco Park. The promotion is called “Swing for your Seats.” The fine print:
- A winning hit is one that passes over the outfield fence of Petco Park, in fair territory, without bouncing on the field (a home run). The ultimate determination of whether a hit constitutes a home run shall be made by the Padres, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners shall receive two (2) 2014 regular season tickets in the “Upper Infield” section (the “Prize”).
- Participants who played Division I collegiate or professional baseball (whether major, minor or independent league) are not eligible for the Prize.
That last one just bummed Jose Canseco the heck out.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)