Feb 26, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
This is cool. Probably impossible, but cool. The Padres will give you two 2014 season tickets if you can hit a batting practice home run in Petco Park. The promotion is called “Swing for your Seats.” The fine print:
- A winning hit is one that passes over the outfield fence of Petco Park, in fair territory, without bouncing on the field (a home run). The ultimate determination of whether a hit constitutes a home run shall be made by the Padres, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners shall receive two (2) 2014 regular season tickets in the “Upper Infield” section (the “Prize”).
- Participants who played Division I collegiate or professional baseball (whether major, minor or independent league) are not eligible for the Prize.
That last one just bummed Jose Canseco the heck out.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20