Feb 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Jaime Garcia had his sore shoulder examined by the Cardinals team doctor and Dr. James Andrews, and they both agreed: No new structural damage.
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Garcia has been diagnosed with inflammation and got a cortisone shot, which means no throwing for at least a little while.
General manager John Mozeliak classified it as “good news,” but Garcia is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day and his surgically repaired shoulder will continue to loom over his status.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)