Feb 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Jaime Garcia had his sore shoulder examined by the Cardinals team doctor and Dr. James Andrews, and they both agreed: No new structural damage.
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Garcia has been diagnosed with inflammation and got a cortisone shot, which means no throwing for at least a little while.
General manager John Mozeliak classified it as “good news,” but Garcia is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day and his surgically repaired shoulder will continue to loom over his status.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)