Feb 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Jaime Garcia had his sore shoulder examined by the Cardinals team doctor and Dr. James Andrews, and they both agreed: No new structural damage.
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Garcia has been diagnosed with inflammation and got a cortisone shot, which means no throwing for at least a little while.
General manager John Mozeliak classified it as “good news,” but Garcia is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day and his surgically repaired shoulder will continue to loom over his status.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)