Feb 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Jaime Garcia had his sore shoulder examined by the Cardinals team doctor and Dr. James Andrews, and they both agreed: No new structural damage.
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Garcia has been diagnosed with inflammation and got a cortisone shot, which means no throwing for at least a little while.
General manager John Mozeliak classified it as “good news,” but Garcia is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day and his surgically repaired shoulder will continue to loom over his status.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40