Feb 26, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
The Angels open Cactus League play Friday, but it could be weeks before their left fielder joins the lineup. On Tuesday, he strained his left calf muscle during a baserunning drill and left the clubhouse on crutches . . . He said he would be on crutches for about two days while the spasm eases in his left leg.
“I can’t straighten it right now,” Hamilton said.
It’s not out of the question that Hamilton can still have that bounceback year he so desperately needs, but it’s now gonna be that much harder.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (143)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)