Feb 26, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Jon Niese, who had shoulder problems last season, has left Mets camp and traveled to New York to undergo an MRI exam on his sore shoulder.
Niese was limited to 24 starts last season, eventually being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff, but pitched well with a 3.71 ERA and was especially good down the stretch with a 3.00 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in his final 10 outings.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 25
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)