Feb 26, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Jon Niese, who had shoulder problems last season, has left Mets camp and traveled to New York to undergo an MRI exam on his sore shoulder.
Niese was limited to 24 starts last season, eventually being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff, but pitched well with a 3.71 ERA and was especially good down the stretch with a 3.00 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in his final 10 outings.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)