Feb 26, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Jon Niese, who had shoulder problems last season, has left Mets camp and traveled to New York to undergo an MRI exam on his sore shoulder.
Niese was limited to 24 starts last season, eventually being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff, but pitched well with a 3.71 ERA and was especially good down the stretch with a 3.00 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in his final 10 outings.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)