Feb 26, 2014, 8:37 AM EST
Mike Schmidt will join CSN’s broadcast team this season for all 13 Sunday home games at Citizens Bank Park, the Daily News has learned.
Schmidt, a 12-time All-Star with the Phillies, will join play-by-play man Tom McCarthy and either Stairs or Moyer in a three-man booth for the home Sunday broadcasts. The entire broadcast team will work all nine innings.
The good: Schmidt generally gives off an “I don’t care what I say” vibe when he’s interviewed, so maybe he’ll say some provocative things in the booth. The bad: yet another three-man booth, which is really just death. Too many guys trying to justify their presence leads to too much talk about things other than the game at hand.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 40
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)