Feb 26, 2014, 8:37 AM EDT
Mike Schmidt will join CSN’s broadcast team this season for all 13 Sunday home games at Citizens Bank Park, the Daily News has learned.
Schmidt, a 12-time All-Star with the Phillies, will join play-by-play man Tom McCarthy and either Stairs or Moyer in a three-man booth for the home Sunday broadcasts. The entire broadcast team will work all nine innings.
The good: Schmidt generally gives off an “I don’t care what I say” vibe when he’s interviewed, so maybe he’ll say some provocative things in the booth. The bad: yet another three-man booth, which is really just death. Too many guys trying to justify their presence leads to too much talk about things other than the game at hand.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 0
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 4
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)