Feb 26, 2014, 8:37 AM EDT
Mike Schmidt will join CSN’s broadcast team this season for all 13 Sunday home games at Citizens Bank Park, the Daily News has learned.
Schmidt, a 12-time All-Star with the Phillies, will join play-by-play man Tom McCarthy and either Stairs or Moyer in a three-man booth for the home Sunday broadcasts. The entire broadcast team will work all nine innings.
The good: Schmidt generally gives off an “I don’t care what I say” vibe when he’s interviewed, so maybe he’ll say some provocative things in the booth. The bad: yet another three-man booth, which is really just death. Too many guys trying to justify their presence leads to too much talk about things other than the game at hand.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)