Feb 27, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
According to Rubin no new structural damage was found and “Niese should resume throwing within a couple of days.”
Niese had shoulder problems last season too and was diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff before actually pitching really well down the stretch, so he’s hardly out of the woods yet. Still, the Mets will always take any good news they can get.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)