Feb 27, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
New Tigers reliever Joba Chamberlain hasn’t produced many smiles on the mound recently, but this is pretty cool.
As noted by the Detroit Free Press, Chamberlain got a tattoo on his right elbow that has turned the scar from his 2011 Tommy John surgery into a smiley face. Check out this picture which was taken during his spring debut this afternoon against the Braves:
Serious points for creativity. Chamberlain’s career has gone off course for a number of reasons, some beyond his control and others because of his own doing, but the Tigers are hopeful that there will be some happy days ahead for him in their bullpen. OK, I’ll show myself out.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39