Feb 27, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
New Tigers reliever Joba Chamberlain hasn’t produced many smiles on the mound recently, but this is pretty cool.
As noted by the Detroit Free Press, Chamberlain got a tattoo on his right elbow that has turned the scar from his 2011 Tommy John surgery into a smiley face. Check out this picture which was taken during his spring debut this afternoon against the Braves:
Serious points for creativity. Chamberlain’s career has gone off course for a number of reasons, some beyond his control and others because of his own doing, but the Tigers are hopeful that there will be some happy days ahead for him in their bullpen. OK, I’ll show myself out.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)