Feb 27, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
New Tigers reliever Joba Chamberlain hasn’t produced many smiles on the mound recently, but this is pretty cool.
As noted by the Detroit Free Press, Chamberlain got a tattoo on his right elbow that has turned the scar from his 2011 Tommy John surgery into a smiley face. Check out this picture which was taken during his spring debut this afternoon against the Braves:
Serious points for creativity. Chamberlain’s career has gone off course for a number of reasons, some beyond his control and others because of his own doing, but the Tigers are hopeful that there will be some happy days ahead for him in their bullpen. OK, I’ll show myself out.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)