Feb 27, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
New Tigers reliever Joba Chamberlain hasn’t produced many smiles on the mound recently, but this is pretty cool.
As noted by the Detroit Free Press, Chamberlain got a tattoo on his right elbow that has turned the scar from his 2011 Tommy John surgery into a smiley face. Check out this picture which was taken during his spring debut this afternoon against the Braves:
Serious points for creativity. Chamberlain’s career has gone off course for a number of reasons, some beyond his control and others because of his own doing, but the Tigers are hopeful that there will be some happy days ahead for him in their bullpen. OK, I’ll show myself out.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 59
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11