Feb 27, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
New Tigers reliever Joba Chamberlain hasn’t produced many smiles on the mound recently, but this is pretty cool.
As noted by the Detroit Free Press, Chamberlain got a tattoo on his right elbow that has turned the scar from his 2011 Tommy John surgery into a smiley face. Check out this picture which was taken during his spring debut this afternoon against the Braves:
Serious points for creativity. Chamberlain’s career has gone off course for a number of reasons, some beyond his control and others because of his own doing, but the Tigers are hopeful that there will be some happy days ahead for him in their bullpen. OK, I’ll show myself out.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40