Feb 27, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
Sure, Josh Reddick’s two amazing catches yesterday are some of the best outfield defense you’ll ever see in your life. But it’s not like he had to dodge a kitchen counter and a bunch of chairs to do it, right?
Because that’s what Cleveland Indians outfielder Carlos Moncrief appeared to be doing in this catch at Goodyear Ballpark yesterday during the game against the Reds.
As the story at the Plain Dealer explains, he’s catching that ball in front of an ad for a home builder. Plain Dealer photographer Chuck Crow caught it just perfectly. As did Moncrief a second or two later.
(Thanks to Anthony Masterson for the heads up)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 42
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 29
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 82
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (102)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)