Feb 27, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
Sure, Josh Reddick’s two amazing catches yesterday are some of the best outfield defense you’ll ever see in your life. But it’s not like he had to dodge a kitchen counter and a bunch of chairs to do it, right?
Because that’s what Cleveland Indians outfielder Carlos Moncrief appeared to be doing in this catch at Goodyear Ballpark yesterday during the game against the Reds.
As the story at the Plain Dealer explains, he’s catching that ball in front of an ad for a home builder. Plain Dealer photographer Chuck Crow caught it just perfectly. As did Moncrief a second or two later.
(Thanks to Anthony Masterson for the heads up)
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)