Feb 27, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
Sure, Josh Reddick’s two amazing catches yesterday are some of the best outfield defense you’ll ever see in your life. But it’s not like he had to dodge a kitchen counter and a bunch of chairs to do it, right?
Because that’s what Cleveland Indians outfielder Carlos Moncrief appeared to be doing in this catch at Goodyear Ballpark yesterday during the game against the Reds.
As the story at the Plain Dealer explains, he’s catching that ball in front of an ad for a home builder. Plain Dealer photographer Chuck Crow caught it just perfectly. As did Moncrief a second or two later.
(Thanks to Anthony Masterson for the heads up)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (341)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (163)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)