Feb 27, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
Sure, Josh Reddick’s two amazing catches yesterday are some of the best outfield defense you’ll ever see in your life. But it’s not like he had to dodge a kitchen counter and a bunch of chairs to do it, right?
Because that’s what Cleveland Indians outfielder Carlos Moncrief appeared to be doing in this catch at Goodyear Ballpark yesterday during the game against the Reds.
As the story at the Plain Dealer explains, he’s catching that ball in front of an ad for a home builder. Plain Dealer photographer Chuck Crow caught it just perfectly. As did Moncrief a second or two later.
(Thanks to Anthony Masterson for the heads up)
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)