Feb 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Zack Greinke‘s spring training debut lasted all of three pitches, as the Dodgers right-hander left the mound and headed into the clubhouse with trainer Stan Conte by his side.
He’s been diagnosed with a strained right calf, which is just about the best-case scenario from leaving in the middle of an at-bat. Manager Don Mattingly came to the mound and had an extended conversation with Greinke, who threw a couple warm-up pitches to test the injury before eventually leaving the game.
The only good news? This means he probably wouldn’t get much criticism for skipping the Australia trip.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (93)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)