Feb 28, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Mariners starter Hisashi Iwakuma won’t throw for another three weeks due to a strained tendon in his middle finger, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Iwakuma was expected to miss four to six weeks and rejoin the rotation in mid-to-late April.
The news comes on the same day the Mariners shut down Taijuan Walker due to shoulder inflammation. Suddenly, the Mariners’ rotation isn’t looking so good beyond Felix Hernandez. The Mariners have repeatedly been linked to free agent starter Ervin Santana, so it will be interesting to see if they bite the bullet as a result of the injury bug.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)