Feb 28, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Mariners starter Hisashi Iwakuma won’t throw for another three weeks due to a strained tendon in his middle finger, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Iwakuma was expected to miss four to six weeks and rejoin the rotation in mid-to-late April.
The news comes on the same day the Mariners shut down Taijuan Walker due to shoulder inflammation. Suddenly, the Mariners’ rotation isn’t looking so good beyond Felix Hernandez. The Mariners have repeatedly been linked to free agent starter Ervin Santana, so it will be interesting to see if they bite the bullet as a result of the injury bug.
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 46
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 98
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (197)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (98)