Feb 28, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
There have been some bad baseball cards in the past. Billy Ripken’s infamous “[Expletive] Face” bat. Jay Johnstone’s umbrella hat. Chuck Finley’s bat/guitar. But at least it was unmistakable who was in it.
“Whose card do you think that is?” [Werth] asked.
It’s a picture that includes Werth pointing to something in the stands at Nationals Park — he’s not sure what anymore. It’s kind of neat, actually. But … it could be anybody’s card.
“Thank you,” Werth said.
Brown’s article includes a snapshot of the card. While you can make a reasonable assumption that Werth is the focus of the card since he’s closest to the middle, Anthony Rendon and Ian Desmond are clearly visible on the left side of the card. As Brown notes, even trainer Steve Gober gets some face time in the frame.
Werth isn’t enraged about the issue or anything, but you can bet Topps will give the Nats outfielder his deserved face time in the next edition.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)