Feb 28, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Sano has been dealing with elbow problems since winter ball, but was cleared for game action upon arriving at Twins camp. Unfortunately in yesterday’s game he tweaked his elbow making a throw from third base and will be looked at by doctors today.
Because of his size Sano was already a question mark to stick at third base defensively long term, so the elbow problems further decrease those odds. Previously there was talk that he might require Tommy John surgery, which while not as bad for position players as pitchers would still be a major setback in his development.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27