Feb 28, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Sano has been dealing with elbow problems since winter ball, but was cleared for game action upon arriving at Twins camp. Unfortunately in yesterday’s game he tweaked his elbow making a throw from third base and will be looked at by doctors today.
Because of his size Sano was already a question mark to stick at third base defensively long term, so the elbow problems further decrease those odds. Previously there was talk that he might require Tommy John surgery, which while not as bad for position players as pitchers would still be a major setback in his development.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)