Feb 28, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Sano has been dealing with elbow problems since winter ball, but was cleared for game action upon arriving at Twins camp. Unfortunately in yesterday’s game he tweaked his elbow making a throw from third base and will be looked at by doctors today.
Because of his size Sano was already a question mark to stick at third base defensively long term, so the elbow problems further decrease those odds. Previously there was talk that he might require Tommy John surgery, which while not as bad for position players as pitchers would still be a major setback in his development.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 35
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)