Feb 28, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Sano has been dealing with elbow problems since winter ball, but was cleared for game action upon arriving at Twins camp. Unfortunately in yesterday’s game he tweaked his elbow making a throw from third base and will be looked at by doctors today.
Because of his size Sano was already a question mark to stick at third base defensively long term, so the elbow problems further decrease those odds. Previously there was talk that he might require Tommy John surgery, which while not as bad for position players as pitchers would still be a major setback in his development.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)