Feb 28, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Sano has been dealing with elbow problems since winter ball, but was cleared for game action upon arriving at Twins camp. Unfortunately in yesterday’s game he tweaked his elbow making a throw from third base and will be looked at by doctors today.
Because of his size Sano was already a question mark to stick at third base defensively long term, so the elbow problems further decrease those odds. Previously there was talk that he might require Tommy John surgery, which while not as bad for position players as pitchers would still be a major setback in his development.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)