Feb 28, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The return of baseball also means the return of Mike Trout, two-time defending AL Most Valu — ahem — two-time runner-up for the AL Most Valuable Player award. Trout appears to be in top form already, as he took James McDonald deep to left field for a grand slam in the fourth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Cubs.
Thoughts on the above clip: such bat speed; many loud.
Trout also had an RBI single in the second inning, finishing the day 2-for-3 with five runs batted in as the Angels stomped the Cubs 15-3.
Could Trout win his
third consecutive first MVP award in 2014?
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (219)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)