Feb 28, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The return of baseball also means the return of Mike Trout, two-time defending AL Most Valu — ahem — two-time runner-up for the AL Most Valuable Player award. Trout appears to be in top form already, as he took James McDonald deep to left field for a grand slam in the fourth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Cubs.
Thoughts on the above clip: such bat speed; many loud.
Trout also had an RBI single in the second inning, finishing the day 2-for-3 with five runs batted in as the Angels stomped the Cubs 15-3.
Could Trout win his
third consecutive first MVP award in 2014?
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)