Feb 28, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The return of baseball also means the return of Mike Trout, two-time defending AL Most Valu — ahem — two-time runner-up for the AL Most Valuable Player award. Trout appears to be in top form already, as he took James McDonald deep to left field for a grand slam in the fourth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Cubs.
Thoughts on the above clip: such bat speed; many loud.
Trout also had an RBI single in the second inning, finishing the day 2-for-3 with five runs batted in as the Angels stomped the Cubs 15-3.
Could Trout win his
third consecutive first MVP award in 2014?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)