Mar 1, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Here’s something pretty cool. With the Philadelphia 76ers set to retire Allen Iverson’s number before tonight’s game against the Washington Wizards, new Phillies outfielder Marlon Byrd decided to honor the occasion by wearing an Iverson No. 3 jersey during batting practice this morning.
Todd Zolecki of MLB.com has the photo evidence:
Help, I’m buried in jokes about practice.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 154
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39