Mar 1, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
C’mon, you had to see this coming. The Rangers announced yesterday that they will begin selling Russell Wilson merchandise to coincide with his upcoming appearance at Rangers camp:
Replica home white jerseys and red and royal t-shirts with “Wilson” and “3” on the back will be available at the Surprise Stadium merchandise stores beginning on Sunday, when the Rangers host the Chicago White Sox at 1:05 p.m. MT.
Replica home white jerseys, royal and “Seahawk Green” t-shirts with “Wilson” and “3” on the back will also go on sale this Sunday at the Texas Rangers Team Shops at Globe Life Park in Arlington (open Sunday from 12 noon-5:00 p.m. CT) and Fort Worth (open Sunday 12 noon-6:00 p.m. CT). The merchandise will also be available at the Rangers Team Shop in Dallas, which is closed Sunday but opens on Monday at 10:00 a.m. CT.
Wilson is expected to participate in drills and sit in the dugout for Monday’s Cactus League game against the Indians, but Rangers manager Ron Washington told reporters earlier this week that there’s “no way” he’ll be used in the game. The Rangers mostly hope that the Superbowl winning quarterback can pass along some words of wisdom to the team’s players while making them a little bit of money too. Hey, the Rangers paid a $12,000 fee to take him from the Rockies in December’s Rule 5 Draft, so can’t blame them.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 17
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 56
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 113
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (113)