Mar 1, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
C’mon, you had to see this coming. The Rangers announced yesterday that they will begin selling Russell Wilson merchandise to coincide with his upcoming appearance at Rangers camp:
Replica home white jerseys and red and royal t-shirts with “Wilson” and “3” on the back will be available at the Surprise Stadium merchandise stores beginning on Sunday, when the Rangers host the Chicago White Sox at 1:05 p.m. MT.
Replica home white jerseys, royal and “Seahawk Green” t-shirts with “Wilson” and “3” on the back will also go on sale this Sunday at the Texas Rangers Team Shops at Globe Life Park in Arlington (open Sunday from 12 noon-5:00 p.m. CT) and Fort Worth (open Sunday 12 noon-6:00 p.m. CT). The merchandise will also be available at the Rangers Team Shop in Dallas, which is closed Sunday but opens on Monday at 10:00 a.m. CT.
Wilson is expected to participate in drills and sit in the dugout for Monday’s Cactus League game against the Indians, but Rangers manager Ron Washington told reporters earlier this week that there’s “no way” he’ll be used in the game. The Rangers mostly hope that the Superbowl winning quarterback can pass along some words of wisdom to the team’s players while making them a little bit of money too. Hey, the Rangers paid a $12,000 fee to take him from the Rockies in December’s Rule 5 Draft, so can’t blame them.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)