Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin was limited to 14 games in 2013 due to wrist and knee injuries, and now his 2014 is off to a concerning start.
Maybin landed hard on his left shoulder while diving for a ball in Sunday afternoon’s Cactus League game vs. the Reds and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury according to Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Maybin, 26, is under contract with San Diego through the 2017 season.
He is still owed $21 million in guaranteed salaries.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)