Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin was limited to 14 games in 2013 due to wrist and knee injuries, and now his 2014 is off to a concerning start.
Maybin landed hard on his left shoulder while diving for a ball in Sunday afternoon’s Cactus League game vs. the Reds and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury according to Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Maybin, 26, is under contract with San Diego through the 2017 season.
He is still owed $21 million in guaranteed salaries.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)