Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin was limited to 14 games in 2013 due to wrist and knee injuries, and now his 2014 is off to a concerning start.
Maybin landed hard on his left shoulder while diving for a ball in Sunday afternoon’s Cactus League game vs. the Reds and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury according to Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Maybin, 26, is under contract with San Diego through the 2017 season.
He is still owed $21 million in guaranteed salaries.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 6
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 27
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 19
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)