Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin was limited to 14 games in 2013 due to wrist and knee injuries, and now his 2014 is off to a concerning start.
Maybin landed hard on his left shoulder while diving for a ball in Sunday afternoon’s Cactus League game vs. the Reds and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury according to Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Maybin, 26, is under contract with San Diego through the 2017 season.
He is still owed $21 million in guaranteed salaries.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)