Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin was limited to 14 games in 2013 due to wrist and knee injuries, and now his 2014 is off to a concerning start.
Maybin landed hard on his left shoulder while diving for a ball in Sunday afternoon’s Cactus League game vs. the Reds and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury according to Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Maybin, 26, is under contract with San Diego through the 2017 season.
He is still owed $21 million in guaranteed salaries.
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (143)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)