Mar 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
SARASOTA — Buck Showalter spoke to the media down on the field after Orioles’ BP this morning. As part of the usual report he told reporters that Nolan Reimold went home this morning and wouldn’t be here today. Reason? Breakfast food.
Or at least a breakfast restaurant. It’s unclear when Reimold ate at the particular establishment which (a) is open 24 hours; and (b) which Showalter preferred not be named in the interests of politeness. But whatever he had disagreed with him. That set off a longish discussion of places one still goes to eat even if you’ve had a bad experience there because, man, that’s just the cost of doing business if you want convenience.
Personally I would apply that rule to Taco Bell, as that’s simply not a replaceable good when you need that sort of thing. Beyond that I’d be hard-pressed to continue to patronize anyplace that did to me what it did to Reimold. But we’re in Florida and there really aren’t many places that are a grand slam if you want convenient food, ya know?
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)