Mar 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
SARASOTA — Buck Showalter spoke to the media down on the field after Orioles’ BP this morning. As part of the usual report he told reporters that Nolan Reimold went home this morning and wouldn’t be here today. Reason? Breakfast food.
Or at least a breakfast restaurant. It’s unclear when Reimold ate at the particular establishment which (a) is open 24 hours; and (b) which Showalter preferred not be named in the interests of politeness. But whatever he had disagreed with him. That set off a longish discussion of places one still goes to eat even if you’ve had a bad experience there because, man, that’s just the cost of doing business if you want convenience.
Personally I would apply that rule to Taco Bell, as that’s simply not a replaceable good when you need that sort of thing. Beyond that I’d be hard-pressed to continue to patronize anyplace that did to me what it did to Reimold. But we’re in Florida and there really aren’t many places that are a grand slam if you want convenient food, ya know?
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 0
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 43
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 22
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 19
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)