Mar 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
SARASOTA — Buck Showalter spoke to the media down on the field after Orioles’ BP this morning. As part of the usual report he told reporters that Nolan Reimold went home this morning and wouldn’t be here today. Reason? Breakfast food.
Or at least a breakfast restaurant. It’s unclear when Reimold ate at the particular establishment which (a) is open 24 hours; and (b) which Showalter preferred not be named in the interests of politeness. But whatever he had disagreed with him. That set off a longish discussion of places one still goes to eat even if you’ve had a bad experience there because, man, that’s just the cost of doing business if you want convenience.
Personally I would apply that rule to Taco Bell, as that’s simply not a replaceable good when you need that sort of thing. Beyond that I’d be hard-pressed to continue to patronize anyplace that did to me what it did to Reimold. But we’re in Florida and there really aren’t many places that are a grand slam if you want convenient food, ya know?
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)