Mar 3, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Starlin Castro left Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury and the Cubs shortstop is expected to miss 7-10 days after being diagnosed with a “mild” strain, the team announced.
Manager Rick Renteria told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com that “it shouldn’t set him back for the regular season,” but realistically any multi-week injury at this point puts a player in jeopardy of missing Opening Day.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (143)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)