Mar 3, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Starlin Castro left Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury and the Cubs shortstop is expected to miss 7-10 days after being diagnosed with a “mild” strain, the team announced.
Manager Rick Renteria told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com that “it shouldn’t set him back for the regular season,” but realistically any multi-week injury at this point puts a player in jeopardy of missing Opening Day.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)