Mar 3, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Starlin Castro left Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury and the Cubs shortstop is expected to miss 7-10 days after being diagnosed with a “mild” strain, the team announced.
Manager Rick Renteria told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com that “it shouldn’t set him back for the regular season,” but realistically any multi-week injury at this point puts a player in jeopardy of missing Opening Day.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)