Mar 4, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
After Ian Kinsler’s unfortunate interview went public this morning, another former Ranger reached out to him:
Not any fun being in the Texas doghouse, is it @IKinsler3?
Hamilton, you’ll recall, drew the ire of Rangers fans after he said Dallas is not a baseball town. He was right about that, but jeez, he should’ve known that wasn’t going to go over.
I dunno. Maybe the best course here is to just avoid being in the doghouse by not saying stuff that you know, or should know, is going to draw the ire of the Rangers, their fans and the media.
As it stands, Kinsler said earlier today that his comments were “taken out of context” so maybe he didn’t mean to be in the Rangers’ doghouse. Maybe we all just missed the subtle nuance of the word “sleazeball.” It’s a delicate and complicated concept that I’m sure he meant in a nice way as opposed to disparage. Just missing, you know, that important context.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)