Mar 4, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
After Ian Kinsler’s unfortunate interview went public this morning, another former Ranger reached out to him:
Not any fun being in the Texas doghouse, is it @IKinsler3?
Hamilton, you’ll recall, drew the ire of Rangers fans after he said Dallas is not a baseball town. He was right about that, but jeez, he should’ve known that wasn’t going to go over.
I dunno. Maybe the best course here is to just avoid being in the doghouse by not saying stuff that you know, or should know, is going to draw the ire of the Rangers, their fans and the media.
As it stands, Kinsler said earlier today that his comments were “taken out of context” so maybe he didn’t mean to be in the Rangers’ doghouse. Maybe we all just missed the subtle nuance of the word “sleazeball.” It’s a delicate and complicated concept that I’m sure he meant in a nice way as opposed to disparage. Just missing, you know, that important context.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)