Mar 4, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
After Ian Kinsler’s unfortunate interview went public this morning, another former Ranger reached out to him:
Not any fun being in the Texas doghouse, is it @IKinsler3?
Hamilton, you’ll recall, drew the ire of Rangers fans after he said Dallas is not a baseball town. He was right about that, but jeez, he should’ve known that wasn’t going to go over.
I dunno. Maybe the best course here is to just avoid being in the doghouse by not saying stuff that you know, or should know, is going to draw the ire of the Rangers, their fans and the media.
As it stands, Kinsler said earlier today that his comments were “taken out of context” so maybe he didn’t mean to be in the Rangers’ doghouse. Maybe we all just missed the subtle nuance of the word “sleazeball.” It’s a delicate and complicated concept that I’m sure he meant in a nice way as opposed to disparage. Just missing, you know, that important context.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (129)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)