Mar 4, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
TAMPA — I made a miscalculation in schedule and did not realize that both the Phillies and the Yankees are playing night games rather than day games today. That means the closest team with a day game to me is (a) 75 miles away; and (b) is the Atlanta Braves, who play the Nationals at 1pm this afternoon.
I haven’t actively tried to avoid the Braves while I’m down here, but I have thought that it might be OK if I miss them. Partially because I was just at Disney World in December and I wouldn’t mind avoiding it out of principle, partially because the Braves are my team. I like to see my team, of course, but I do wonder how I’ll approach the job today given that I’ll be in their clubhouse and press box and stuff. I’m not the sort who will cheer in the press box — that’s the ultimate reporter no-no — but I don wonder if I can refrain from bitching in the press box. Like, if Fredi Gonzalez bunts in the second inning of a 0-0 spring training game, will I be able to refrain from grumbling at him?
Well, I suppose we’ll see. Check back later today for that. And follow me on Twitter during the game. I may have to use that as an outlet.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 20
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)