Mar 4, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Yes, Wilson threw what appears to be a knuckleball. And it was actually pretty good.
We probably should have seen this coming, as Josh Tucker of Dodgers Insider notes that Wilson was spotted experimenting with the knuckler in a pre-game workout during the NLCS last year. Chances are he was just messing around with the pitch today, but if there’s anybody who would try to incorporate a knuckleball into his arsenal, it’s probably Wilson.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8