Mar 4, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Yes, Wilson threw what appears to be a knuckleball. And it was actually pretty good.
We probably should have seen this coming, as Josh Tucker of Dodgers Insider notes that Wilson was spotted experimenting with the knuckler in a pre-game workout during the NLCS last year. Chances are he was just messing around with the pitch today, but if there’s anybody who would try to incorporate a knuckleball into his arsenal, it’s probably Wilson.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (149)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)