Mar 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
McCullough reports that “the team hopes he returns by the end of May,” which suggests it could be a more serious injury. UCLs are the ligaments that lead to Tommy John surgery and 12-month recovery timetables when torn.
After years of disappointing as a starter Hochevar shifted to the bullpen last season with a ton of success, throwing 70 innings with a 1.92 ERA and 82/17 K/BB ratio. By comparison, he has a 5.44 ERA in 128 career starts.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (192)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)