Mar 5, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
I think Bernie Miklasz is one of the best around, but I’m with McClellan on this one. Especially with this:
I don’t remember hearing much about the Cardinal Way until last postseason. The series against the Los Angeles Dodgers was framed as a morality play . . . Some of it was hard for me to understand. For instance, when a Dodger hit a double and stood on second base pounding his chest, it was because he was an egotistical show-off. When a Cardinal hit a double and stood on second base pounding his chest, it was because he was happy for his team. He was pounding his chest because he believed in the Cardinal Way. In truth, I couldn’t tell the difference.
That “Cardinal Way” stuff is just nuts.
The Cardinals are going to be good for a long time. But one day, when they are not a very good team, will they still be lauded for The Cardinal Way? Or is The Cardinal Way just another one of those post-facto explanations for winning baseball?
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)