Mar 7, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
A whole lot of people said a whole lot of good things about the Nationals’ trade to acquire Doug Fister from the Tigers, but now there’s this: Fister was scratched from today’s scheduled start and sent for an MRI exam after complaining of elbow soreness.
No structural damage was found during the MRI exam and manager Matt Williams expressed a lot of optimism that it’ll prove to be a minor issue, which is currently being called “a little inflammation.”
Fister apparently told Williams that if this were the regular season he’d pitch through the discomfort, but for now he’ll take at least a few days off to rest.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20