Mar 7, 2014, 7:25 AM EDT
You’ve probably read about Hank the Dog, the Brewers’ unexpected spring training mascot who showed up as a stray at their camp in Maryvale. He’s been a big hit with the team and its fans, even racing in the sausage races last week while wearing a hot dog costume which, holy crap, is the cutest thing ever.
Well, be happy to know that Hank now has a permanent home:
There’s something about Hank the Brewers dog. Readers love him. But they can’t have him. Hank has a forever home.
The Milwaukee Brewers are being tight-lipped about whose home, but Hank’s days “as a stray are over,” said Tyler Barnes, Brewers vice president for communications. Hank remains in Phoenix, occasionally working out with the team at Maryvale Baseball Park.
I think it would be awesome if he was adopted by Ryan Braun. It would make my year to baseball writers try to make the adoption out as a cynical, calculated move that just further shows how awful a person Braun is.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)