Mar 7, 2014, 7:25 AM EDT
You’ve probably read about Hank the Dog, the Brewers’ unexpected spring training mascot who showed up as a stray at their camp in Maryvale. He’s been a big hit with the team and its fans, even racing in the sausage races last week while wearing a hot dog costume which, holy crap, is the cutest thing ever.
Well, be happy to know that Hank now has a permanent home:
There’s something about Hank the Brewers dog. Readers love him. But they can’t have him. Hank has a forever home.
The Milwaukee Brewers are being tight-lipped about whose home, but Hank’s days “as a stray are over,” said Tyler Barnes, Brewers vice president for communications. Hank remains in Phoenix, occasionally working out with the team at Maryvale Baseball Park.
I think it would be awesome if he was adopted by Ryan Braun. It would make my year to baseball writers try to make the adoption out as a cynical, calculated move that just further shows how awful a person Braun is.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)