Mar 7, 2014, 7:25 AM EST
You’ve probably read about Hank the Dog, the Brewers’ unexpected spring training mascot who showed up as a stray at their camp in Maryvale. He’s been a big hit with the team and its fans, even racing in the sausage races last week while wearing a hot dog costume which, holy crap, is the cutest thing ever.
Well, be happy to know that Hank now has a permanent home:
There’s something about Hank the Brewers dog. Readers love him. But they can’t have him. Hank has a forever home.
The Milwaukee Brewers are being tight-lipped about whose home, but Hank’s days “as a stray are over,” said Tyler Barnes, Brewers vice president for communications. Hank remains in Phoenix, occasionally working out with the team at Maryvale Baseball Park.
I think it would be awesome if he was adopted by Ryan Braun. It would make my year to baseball writers try to make the adoption out as a cynical, calculated move that just further shows how awful a person Braun is.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)