Mar 9, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
As speculated last week by MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick …
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) March 9, 2014
Zack Greinke would have started the second game if not for a calf strain that he is still rehabbing.
Kershaw will face Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin in the first game on March 22 at the Syndey Cricket Ground in Australia and Ryu will meet D’Backs righty Trevor Cahill in the second game (March 23).
It’s only a two-game set.
If Greinke can avoid setbacks, he’ll probably line up to start the Dodgers’ first game back in the states on March 30 in San Diego. Dan Haren is L.A.’s fourth starter, and Josh Beckett or Paul Maholm will be fifth.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)