Mar 9, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
As speculated last week by MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick …
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) March 9, 2014
Zack Greinke would have started the second game if not for a calf strain that he is still rehabbing.
Kershaw will face Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin in the first game on March 22 at the Syndey Cricket Ground in Australia and Ryu will meet D’Backs righty Trevor Cahill in the second game (March 23).
It’s only a two-game set.
If Greinke can avoid setbacks, he’ll probably line up to start the Dodgers’ first game back in the states on March 30 in San Diego. Dan Haren is L.A.’s fourth starter, and Josh Beckett or Paul Maholm will be fifth.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)