Mar 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? The guy’s amazing. To have Barry Bonds watching me hit? I can cross that off my bucket list.
Shortstop Brandon Crawford also gave Bonds’ tutoring positive reviews and got a rare glimpse at the seven-time MVPs current swing:
Looks the same. Swing looks good. He claims he hasn’t swung a bat in six years. … Everything that I heard him talk about this morning is keeping your swing as simple as possible, and he explains it in the simplest ways.
Bonds watched them take BP in their own group and offered constant comments as they shuffled in and out of the cage. They got so carried away that they had to hustle back into the clubhouse and run to catch the bus to play the Reds at Goodyear. They would’ve missed it if a car hadn’t been illegally parked and blocking the driveway.
Something to consider next time you read a column about Bonds being a universally despised monster.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)