Mar 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? The guy’s amazing. To have Barry Bonds watching me hit? I can cross that off my bucket list.
Shortstop Brandon Crawford also gave Bonds’ tutoring positive reviews and got a rare glimpse at the seven-time MVPs current swing:
Looks the same. Swing looks good. He claims he hasn’t swung a bat in six years. … Everything that I heard him talk about this morning is keeping your swing as simple as possible, and he explains it in the simplest ways.
Bonds watched them take BP in their own group and offered constant comments as they shuffled in and out of the cage. They got so carried away that they had to hustle back into the clubhouse and run to catch the bus to play the Reds at Goodyear. They would’ve missed it if a car hadn’t been illegally parked and blocking the driveway.
Something to consider next time you read a column about Bonds being a universally despised monster.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 21
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)