Mar 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? The guy’s amazing. To have Barry Bonds watching me hit? I can cross that off my bucket list.
Shortstop Brandon Crawford also gave Bonds’ tutoring positive reviews and got a rare glimpse at the seven-time MVPs current swing:
Looks the same. Swing looks good. He claims he hasn’t swung a bat in six years. … Everything that I heard him talk about this morning is keeping your swing as simple as possible, and he explains it in the simplest ways.
Bonds watched them take BP in their own group and offered constant comments as they shuffled in and out of the cage. They got so carried away that they had to hustle back into the clubhouse and run to catch the bus to play the Reds at Goodyear. They would’ve missed it if a car hadn’t been illegally parked and blocking the driveway.
Something to consider next time you read a column about Bonds being a universally despised monster.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 17
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 12
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)