Mar 11, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Medlen exited Sunday’s game after grabbing his elbow following one pitch and then short-hopping his next pitch to the plate, making his way into the Braves’ dugout. It looked ugly at the time, especially considering Medlen has already come back from one Tommy John elbow surgery, but the initial diagnosis was a forearm strain.
Brandon Beachy is also hurting, leading to some speculation that the Braves could make a late run at free agent Ervin Santana to help boost their banged-up starting rotation. For now, though, the Braves are saying publicly that they hope Beachy’s injury isn’t serious. And they’ll hold their breath holding for some not-horrible news on Medlen.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)