Mar 11, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Medlen exited Sunday’s game after grabbing his elbow following one pitch and then short-hopping his next pitch to the plate, making his way into the Braves’ dugout. It looked ugly at the time, especially considering Medlen has already come back from one Tommy John elbow surgery, but the initial diagnosis was a forearm strain.
Brandon Beachy is also hurting, leading to some speculation that the Braves could make a late run at free agent Ervin Santana to help boost their banged-up starting rotation. For now, though, the Braves are saying publicly that they hope Beachy’s injury isn’t serious. And they’ll hold their breath holding for some not-horrible news on Medlen.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 78
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)