Mar 11, 2014, 9:03 AM EST

In December I ranked the managers from most handsome to least handsome. Last week, this photo was taken:

source: AP

I’d like to think that AP photographer Gene J. Puskar took this specifically for my benefit.

Also, if you’re in to this sort of thing, #1 and #2 posed together yesterday. My girlfriend is the one who alerted me to it:

I guess I have no choice but to be OK with that.

1. themanytoolsofignorance - Mar 11, 2014 at 9:08 AM

That’s your girlfriend? You sir are a lucky man

• allisonhagen - Mar 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Thanks. I think he is too.

• jerze2387 - Mar 11, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Craig has out kicked his coverage

• kevinbnyc - Mar 11, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I’d prefer a baseball metaphor here. How about, “Craig’s batting average is being artificially inflated by a high BABIP.”

• bfunk1978 - Mar 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM

ERA is way lower than his FIP.

• themanytoolsofignorance - Mar 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM

His game has significant park effects

2. chacochicken - Mar 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Eggplant is an unusual flesh tone for a morphologically modern human. His expression looks happy but his skin suggests danger. He subconsciously views Brad as a threat.

• paperlions - Mar 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I wonder what Hurdle’s stance is on the nickname of the Washington football team.

• jerze2387 - Mar 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I think his face is lending support to it.

That or he wants to be the new logo, since they’re all redesigning lately.

• zzalapski - Mar 11, 2014 at 10:29 AM

A threat to what? Their teams are in different leagues.

• yahmule - Mar 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Baseball has a long tradition of managers with faces full of broken blood vessels.

3. historiophiliac - Mar 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Very obviously, having the Handsomest Manager in Baseball (HMiB) at the helm inspired the Tigers to rise to the occasion and give the Cards a slap-down worthy of the first Handsomeness Face-off since Craig’s sexiest manager alive list came out. (And, I don’t think it was a pity win like everyone’s been giving the Marlins this spring.)

• paperlions - Mar 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM

This alone makes me wish the Cardinals and Tigers were in the same division. A guarantee of 6 series each year in a battle for handsomest manager. If they could just get the side-line reporters to interview each of them each game…there’d be something for everyone.

• historiophiliac - Mar 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I think historically this is a battle you lose. Leyland v. La Russa? Not even close….not that we need to call in the Skipper.

PS I’m hoping that means you have hunky sideline reporter guys who do interviews shirtless.

• paperlions - Mar 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Yeah, Ken Rosenthal…sans shirt but complete with bow tie.

• historiophiliac - Mar 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM

I’M EATING LUNCH!!!

Dang you, paper. Urp.

4. moogro - Mar 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I disagree about Hurdle. There’s worse managers than him. He’s got something going on.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4903)
  2. M. Kemp (3464)
  3. J. Upton (2557)
  4. J. Kang (2543)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (2517)
  1. C. McGehee (2493)