Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Cole Hamels has had a wonky shoulder and folks in Philly have been worried about his health. Breathe a bit easier this morining, you guys, because Hamels threw a successful bullpen session this morning.
He described it as being “free and easy” with no discomfort or laboring like he felt the last time he threw. He described the session as something he’d do just before spring training formally started, so you have to figure that his timeline is pushed back close to a month from what it had been. Assuming no setbacks, look to late April or early May for a Hamels regular season debut.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)