Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Cole Hamels has had a wonky shoulder and folks in Philly have been worried about his health. Breathe a bit easier this morining, you guys, because Hamels threw a successful bullpen session this morning.
He described it as being “free and easy” with no discomfort or laboring like he felt the last time he threw. He described the session as something he’d do just before spring training formally started, so you have to figure that his timeline is pushed back close to a month from what it had been. Assuming no setbacks, look to late April or early May for a Hamels regular season debut.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)