Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Cole Hamels has had a wonky shoulder and folks in Philly have been worried about his health. Breathe a bit easier this morining, you guys, because Hamels threw a successful bullpen session this morning.
He described it as being “free and easy” with no discomfort or laboring like he felt the last time he threw. He described the session as something he’d do just before spring training formally started, so you have to figure that his timeline is pushed back close to a month from what it had been. Assuming no setbacks, look to late April or early May for a Hamels regular season debut.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)