Mar 12, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
Matt Kemp took his first turn in the field this spring when he played an inning in center field in a minor league game today. The verdict?
#Dodgers‘ Matt Kemp played an inning in center at the end of his minor-league game and got a couple chances. Said it felt “a little weird.”
— J.P. Hoornstra (@jphoornstra) March 12, 2014
That’s better than “it felt a little MRI-y” or something. I dunno.
Kemp won’t be ready to play in the Dodgers’ opener in Australia later this month, but barring any further setbacks with his recently-operated-upon ankle, he should be game-ready when they return.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)