Mar 12, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
Matt Kemp took his first turn in the field this spring when he played an inning in center field in a minor league game today. The verdict?
#Dodgers‘ Matt Kemp played an inning in center at the end of his minor-league game and got a couple chances. Said it felt “a little weird.”
— J.P. Hoornstra (@jphoornstra) March 12, 2014
That’s better than “it felt a little MRI-y” or something. I dunno.
Kemp won’t be ready to play in the Dodgers’ opener in Australia later this month, but barring any further setbacks with his recently-operated-upon ankle, he should be game-ready when they return.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)