Mar 12, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
Matt Kemp took his first turn in the field this spring when he played an inning in center field in a minor league game today. The verdict?
#Dodgers‘ Matt Kemp played an inning in center at the end of his minor-league game and got a couple chances. Said it felt “a little weird.”
— J.P. Hoornstra (@jphoornstra) March 12, 2014
That’s better than “it felt a little MRI-y” or something. I dunno.
Kemp won’t be ready to play in the Dodgers’ opener in Australia later this month, but barring any further setbacks with his recently-operated-upon ankle, he should be game-ready when they return.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)