Mar 12, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
Matt Kemp took his first turn in the field this spring when he played an inning in center field in a minor league game today. The verdict?
#Dodgers‘ Matt Kemp played an inning in center at the end of his minor-league game and got a couple chances. Said it felt “a little weird.”
— J.P. Hoornstra (@jphoornstra) March 12, 2014
That’s better than “it felt a little MRI-y” or something. I dunno.
Kemp won’t be ready to play in the Dodgers’ opener in Australia later this month, but barring any further setbacks with his recently-operated-upon ankle, he should be game-ready when they return.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)