Miguel Sano recorded a video for his fans as he was going into Tommy John surgery

Mar 12, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT

Twins Daily Reuters

Twins prospect Miguel Sano has been on camera a lot, first as part of a documentary showing the process by which international players sign with MLB teams and now as part of a follow-up documentary tracking his rise to the majors.

Sadly his rise to the majors has been delayed due to Tommy John elbow surgery, which Sano actually underwent today. And before going under the knife he recorded this video while literally in a hospital bed being prepped for surgery:

If you haven’t already, check out the “Ballplayer: Pelotero” documentary on Netflix.

1. halladaysbiceps - Mar 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM

There are so many pitchers having Tommy John surgery that I believe every pitcher should do it. Cole Hamels will be next, in my estimation. Everyone get Tommy John surgery!!! It’s the newest fad.

• ezthinking - Mar 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Yeah, just ask Medlen. It was so great he’s doing it twice.

• ch0psuey - Mar 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Unfortunately Cory Luebke is on the same boat.

2. chacochicken - Mar 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Will do a fantasy baseball podcast or maybe live tweet during my next prostate exam.

• halladaysbiceps - Mar 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I think there should be a Fantasy podcast of Tommy John pitchers. They would fill probably 30% of the league. Tommy John is the code word of 2014.

3. nsstlfan - Mar 12, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Halladaysbiceps…. Miquel Sano is not a pitcher he is an infielder for the Twins. Third baseman I believe.

• halladaysbiceps - Mar 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM

That’s even worse. An infielder that requires Tommy John surgery. His career is shot.

• Tim OShenko - Mar 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM

More evidence of the rising popularity of Tommy John surgery – even the position players are getting it.

4. whittle79 - Mar 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I have you on my fantasy team get well !! Need you in 2015 !!

5. zdravit - Mar 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM

His final moments caught on film. I can’t watch.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3828)