Mar 13, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Doug Fister isn’t out of the woods yet with his inflamed elbow, as the Nationals right-hander felt soreness after playing catch this morning for the third straight day.
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports that Fister is still tentatively scheduled to throw a bullpen session Friday and the Nationals are hoping that it’s just some normal soreness after taking time off.
Picking him up from the Tigers was a big part of the Nationals’ offseason and drew a ton of praise for the surprisingly low price tag, but Fister hasn’t pitched in a game since March 2 and is running out of time to be ready for Opening Day even if the injury proves minor after an MRI exam showed no structural damage.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 0
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)