Mar 13, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Jurickson Profar still hasn’t been cleared to play defense because of a shoulder injury and now the Rangers infielder has another problem to deal with: T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that he had four wisdom teeth removed today and is expected to be sidelined for 3-5 days.
Profar was already cutting it kind of close in terms of being fully healthy by Opening Day, so this certainly doesn’t help matters. He bounced around the infield as a 20-year-old rookie last season, but Profar is expected to be the Rangers’ primary second baseman following the departure of Ian Kinsler to Detroit in the Prince Fielder trade.
This time last year he was considered by many to be the best prospect in all of baseball, so getting Profar healthy will play a huge role in the Rangers’ season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)