Mar 13, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Jurickson Profar still hasn’t been cleared to play defense because of a shoulder injury and now the Rangers infielder has another problem to deal with: T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that he had four wisdom teeth removed today and is expected to be sidelined for 3-5 days.
Profar was already cutting it kind of close in terms of being fully healthy by Opening Day, so this certainly doesn’t help matters. He bounced around the infield as a 20-year-old rookie last season, but Profar is expected to be the Rangers’ primary second baseman following the departure of Ian Kinsler to Detroit in the Prince Fielder trade.
This time last year he was considered by many to be the best prospect in all of baseball, so getting Profar healthy will play a huge role in the Rangers’ season.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)