Mar 13, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Tomko turns 41 in April and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 as a member of the Rangers, but he was reportedly throwing in the 90-93 mph during winter ball in the Dominican Republic and planned to audition for teams at the end of January. He’ll receive a salary of $510,000 if he makes it back to the majors.
Tomko owns a 4.65 ERA over a 14-year major league career, including a brief stint with the Royals in 2008. He pitched with the independent York Revolution last year.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)