Mar 13, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Tomko turns 41 in April and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 as a member of the Rangers, but he was reportedly throwing in the 90-93 mph during winter ball in the Dominican Republic and planned to audition for teams at the end of January. He’ll receive a salary of $510,000 if he makes it back to the majors.
Tomko owns a 4.65 ERA over a 14-year major league career, including a brief stint with the Royals in 2008. He pitched with the independent York Revolution last year.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 11
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)