Mar 13, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Tomko turns 41 in April and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 as a member of the Rangers, but he was reportedly throwing in the 90-93 mph during winter ball in the Dominican Republic and planned to audition for teams at the end of January. He’ll receive a salary of $510,000 if he makes it back to the majors.
Tomko owns a 4.65 ERA over a 14-year major league career, including a brief stint with the Royals in 2008. He pitched with the independent York Revolution last year.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)