The Mariners commercials are out and, as usual, they’re great

Mar 13, 2014, 8:41 AM EST

Image (1) mariners%20logo.gif for post 4250

Most teams make a series of commercials around this time of year to promote the upcoming season. Most of them are just some version of one of the team’s stars saying “hey, come on out to [Corporate Name] Park and see [Team] in 2014!” followed by a season slogan and a screen with the URL and phone number for the ticket office.

The Mariners always try harder. They make well-produced and often hilarious commercials each spring. Often a series of them. This year is no exception. You can see all of them at their website. This one — “Kyle Seager is so old school he tweets on a manual typewriter” — is my favorite:

1. rickyspanish24 - Mar 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM

This is the annual high point of our season. It’d be nice if they staggered them out until September though so at least we’d have a reason to still watch the games.

2. dillongeeescapeplan - Mar 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM

This one will always be my favorite.

• asimonetti88 - Mar 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

My personal favorite

3. Ari Collins - Mar 13, 2014 at 9:16 AM

As a balloon artist and a baseball fan, the Iwakuma one really made my morning.

4. brimab - Mar 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Eh…who needs a good team on the field when you’ve got clever commercials

5. paperlions - Mar 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Cano shaves with the grain on his neck? Dude.

6. bfunk1978 - Mar 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I like how, as I flipped through the commericals, I had to wait for ads to play TWICE. Yo dawg, I herd you like commercials, so we put commercials IN YOUR COMMERICALS!

7. number1hawkfan - Mar 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM

As a mariners fan I hope you get a postseason birth based on the quality of your commercials. I want new management! Howard Lincoln please leave!! Look down the street and see a real championship franchise.

8. historiophiliac - Mar 13, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I loved the practicing getting HBP part.

• MLBlogsbig3bosox - Mar 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM

It wouldn’t surprise me if Victorino practices that.

• historiophiliac - Mar 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM

He does have excellent HBP form. He hardly flinches. Some dudes drama it up, but he plays it old school. You’re probably right about that.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5181)
  2. M. Kemp (3569)
  3. J. Upton (2861)
  4. J. Kang (2854)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (2747)
  1. C. McGehee (2747)