Mar 13, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
If the Rockies have any chance of competing for a playoff spot this season, they will need star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki to stay healthy. That’s why they aren’t messing around right now.
Tulowitzki left last night’s Cactus League game against the Diamondbacks after he was hit in the left leg with a pitch. While X-rays came back negative, Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that he’s dealing with a bruised calf/fibula and will sit out at least the next few days in order for the inflammation to go down.
Tulowitzki missed a bunch of time last season due to a broken rib, but he still hit .312/.391/.540 with 25 home runs and 82 RBI in 126 games. Injuries have been an issue for him during his career, as he has averaged 115 games played over the past six seasons.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)