Mar 14, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Parker has a forearm injury and Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he’s traveling to Alabama on Monday to be examined by Dr. James Andrews, which is every fans least favorite thing to hear. Griffin has an elbow injury and Slusser says he’s being examined today in Arizona by a different doctor.
Parker and Griffin both had similar arm issues late last season, and Parker has already come back from Tommy John elbow surgery once. Jesse Chavez and Tommy Milone are the likely rotation replacements and Sonny Gray might get the Opening Day assignment with just 10 regular season starts to his name.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 40
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)