Mar 14, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Parker has a forearm injury and Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he’s traveling to Alabama on Monday to be examined by Dr. James Andrews, which is every fans least favorite thing to hear. Griffin has an elbow injury and Slusser says he’s being examined today in Arizona by a different doctor.
Parker and Griffin both had similar arm issues late last season, and Parker has already come back from Tommy John elbow surgery once. Jesse Chavez and Tommy Milone are the likely rotation replacements and Sonny Gray might get the Opening Day assignment with just 10 regular season starts to his name.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)