Mar 14, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Phillies left-hander Cole Hamels reported feeling “really good” this morning, two days after throwing a 20-pitch bullpen session to test his injured shoulder, and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that he’s slated to throw another bullpen session Sunday.
However, according to Hamels the Sunday session will likely only be at “around 60 to 65 percent throwing” intensity, so there’s no timetable yet for his regular season debut. Salisbury reports that “Phillies officials are holding out hope he could pitch sometime in April, but May 1 might be a more realistic target.”
Good news, but still a lot of hurdles to clear.
Announcement: HardballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Opening Day’s games (March 31). It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 1:05pm ET on Opening Day. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)