Mar 14, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Phillies left-hander Cole Hamels reported feeling “really good” this morning, two days after throwing a 20-pitch bullpen session to test his injured shoulder, and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that he’s slated to throw another bullpen session Sunday.
However, according to Hamels the Sunday session will likely only be at “around 60 to 65 percent throwing” intensity, so there’s no timetable yet for his regular season debut. Salisbury reports that “Phillies officials are holding out hope he could pitch sometime in April, but May 1 might be a more realistic target.”
Good news, but still a lot of hurdles to clear.
Announcement: HardballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Opening Day’s games (March 31). It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 1:05pm ET on Opening Day. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)