Mar 14, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
Sure, the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are heading to Australia next week for a two-game series, but more importantly Arizona right-hander Josh Collmenter is hoping to get a date while he’s there.
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports writes that Collmenter has agreed to a dating game-style contest sponsored by the Daily Telegraph in Sydney. Women have been applying to the newspaper and a narrowed-down list will be sent to Diamondbacks teammates J.J. Putz, David Hernandez, and Patrick Corbin to make the final selection.
And then Collmenter will go on a blind date.
Here’s how Collmenter described himself to potential suitors:
Josh likes long walks on Bondi Beach, reading poetry on a bear rug in front of the fireplace and tall, athletic women whose offspring will likely result in a college scholarship.
As someone who has, on more than one occasion, gone on dates following a dating game-style radio show live at the Minnesota state fair I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea that can’t possibly go wrong. And it’ll be a helluva meet-cute story someday.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15